We had arrived at about 1:00 PM for our lunch reservation at Central Restaurant. There was no sign on the front door to indicate the nature of the business inside. It could have been just another upscale residence in the Miraflores neighborhood of Lima. A subtle hint perhaps that we were entering a different place, another world….
Some recently noted food and travel related links.
- Perhaps there is one near you.
- The Travel Channel is giving away a 16 night Florida/Jamaica vacation.
- Hotel rooms with only three walls are going for as little as $1400 per night if you book a three night stay. A hotel “room” with no walls whatsoever is considerably less expensive.
- Food porn of note.
- I do wonder about the zebras, though.
- Just in case you have been wanting coconut bread with your breakfast.
- A quick look at Turin.
- Flower tourism in Thailand and Japan.
- Oddly fascinating: live radio chatter from various airports around the world. (Hat tip to David Thompson.)
We decided to try Latam’s business class service from Guayaquil, Ecuador to Lima, Peru. Here is a summary of our trip.
The Flight Out
We arrived at the Guayaquil airport around 6:30 AM for our 8:35 flight, having stayed the night before at the Marriott Courtyard, a convenient 15 minutes away….
Our recent trip to Miami gave us a chance to try three new restaurants. We chose one based on a recommendation from the concierge at the apartment building we were staying in. We based our second choice on a recommendation of a friend who had previously tried it. Finally, we selected…